Safety of our Employees
A JHDA (Pty) Ltd initiative
“We Believe Zero Harm Is Possible”
We at JHDA (Pty) Ltd recognises that the health and safety of our employees and the protection of our environment is critical for our ongoing sustainability and success.
We are committed to our responsibilities in respect of safety, health and the environment, which are an integral and key part to the way we do business.
We continually strive to improve our standards and policies and we believe zero harm is possible, that is why our approach goes further than achieving our safety objectives with a zero-harm philosophy. We proactively foster a safe working environment and enhance the wellbeing of our employees and that of the communities within our areas of operation.
We are committed to complying with all relevant legislation including the Occupational Health and Safety Act 85 of 1993; Minerals Act 50 of 1991 together with the Mines Health and Safety Act 29 of 1996 and current environmental laws and regulations. Compliance with legislation is important to us to the extent that it provides a minimum standard for the development of our systems and procedures.
We regularly review applicable legislation and where necessary, address new requirements and provide ongoing training to employees to ensure they are informed of the full extent of their safety and health obligations.
“I Am In Charge Of Safety!”
While we hold our leaders accountable for the safety of our people and expect our managers and supervisors to provide effective leadership in safety, health and protecting the environment, we equally expect all individuals to be responsible for their own safety and the safety of others.
JHDA (Pty) Ltd has adopted the international ISO 9001 standard Quality Systems – Model for quality assurance in design, development, production, installation and servicing as its standard for quality assurance.
JHDA (Pty) Ltd is committed to the delivery of quality products and services in full compliance with its contractual requirements.
JHDA (Pty) Ltd and its operating companies are committed to continuous improvement of its products, processes, systems and services to ensure “Right First Time” delivery.
JHDA (Pty) Ltd encourages all employees to participate in achieving its stated objectives.
We are committed to maintaining our superb safety record
We base our safety record on a specific set of systems and management tools. Our management system includes:
- Leadership commitment & resources
- Communicating the commitment for implementation and the process for achieving compliance throughout the organization.
- Conducting orientation and introductory sessions for appropriate site leadership.
- Developing a specific implementation plan.
- Training site leadership and co-ordinators
- Conducting an initial assessment to identify the site’s present performance regarding the systems it intends to implement.
- Developing a short to mid-range action plan to address assessment findings
- Developing specific roles and responsibilities for site personnel regarding the HSE system.
- Developing reference materials to guide site personnel in implementing its HSE systems.
- Conducting specific training for specialized activity co-ordinators and site managers.
- Establish a system to monitor the site’s performance on routine basis.
- Conducting periodic assessments to identify the progress being made and to identify areas needing improvement.
- Conducting on-going training and communication.